Georgia Law Firm Handles Social Security Disability Matters
Suwanee attorney enforces claimants’ right to the payments they’ve earned
At the Law Offices of John V. Hogan, clients in northern Georgia receive the legal representation they deserve when pursuing disability benefits. Since 1984, my Gwinnett County law firm has helped people get the compensation they need in order to live more happy and healthy lives. I assist disabled individuals with obtaining benefits through private and public programs. This includes delivering strong advocacy in Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) matters when disabled claimants have been unable to work for at least 12 months.
Dedicated counselor provides skillful assistance for initial claims
With more than 30 years of legal experience, I know how to maximize my clients’ ability to obtain their rightful benefits as quickly as possible. This might involve addressing issues such as:
- Work credits — As an insurance program, Social Security pays disability benefits based on contributions made by the claimant. These are measured as work credits, which usually require a claimant 31 years of age or older to have been employed and making SSDI payments for at least five of the previous 10 years.
- Medical treatment — If there is a question about whether you are following your prescribed medical treatment, we will prepare the necessary evidence to support your claim.
- Part-time employment — You cannot collect payments if you are earning income over a certain level.
Delaying your claim can cost you money and hurt your ability to gather key evidence. My firm provides a free initial consultation to help you get started promptly.
Accomplished law firm advocates for clients in SSDI appeals
Georgia’s Disability Adjudication Services, a state agency that determines disability eligibility under an agreement with the Social Security Administration, rejects approximately 70 percent of the initial claims it reviews. This makes the appeals process crucial to claimants who need disability benefits to support themselves and their families. My firm guides clients through each stage of the appeals process, including:
- Reconsideration — In some instances, a second review or some supplementary information is enough to correct an erroneous refusal of benefits.
- Administrative hearing — When denials are reversed, it usually occurs at this stage. By delivering a strong argument before an administrative law judge, I can maximize your chance of obtaining the benefits you deserve.
- Appeals Council and federal court review — If pivotal errors occurred during your review, my firm can bring your case to the Social Security Appeals Council, which is headquartered in Virginia. Following that, you can seek relief in federal court.
My firm is familiar with all of the common reasons for SSDI claim denials and can tailor an appeal specifically suited to your situation so that you have the best chance of obtaining the benefits you need.
Contact a seasoned Georgia disability benefits lawyer for a free initial consultation
The Law Offices of John V. Hogan represents Northern Georgia clients in Social Security disability matters as well as efforts to obtain long-term disability and Supplemental Security Income benefits. I also help retired NFL players pursue disability compensation under the league’s benefits plan. Please call 478-546-1010 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation at my Suwanee office.